Getting your house ready to put on the market can seem like a massive undertaking. From cleaning to staging, you might not know where to begin. In search of advice? Break each room into sections, and tackle the room head on with this house selling checklist.
- Use pillows and throw blankets to soften up the room.
- Clear off the coffee table.
- Store toys out of sight.
- Clear off the dining table—only leave the centerpiece.
- Remove extra chairs from the table.
- Set the table with 4 to 6 place settings.
- Clean the appliances—stove, oven, and microwave.
- Remove magnets from the refrigerator.
- Empty the trash can before each showing.
- Invest in new bedspreads if necessary.
- Remove distracting wall decor.
- Keep daily necessities in either bins, drawers, or closets.
- Display a new bottle of hand soap.
- Replace shower curtains if necessary.
- Clean any moldy areas.
- Store soap and supplies in a cupboard.
- Clear out all clothing.
- Keep all surfaces clean.
Although it will take time and effort to get your house ready to show, just remember—the better it looks, the shorter the time it will stay on the market!
If you have any questions about your real estate goals feel free to give me call/text at 254-276-3551 or schedule a consultation today.
Dominique "Dom" McShan, REALTOR® is an investor, real estate consultant, entreprenuer, and marketing professional that empowers individuals through education and advocacy. Dom is a Louisiana native, Army spouse and Texas transplant, serving the Central Texas real estate market—specializing in Waco, Temple, and Killeen, Texas. He leverages 9+ years of marketing and education experience to advocate, represent and educate clients through their real estate and business endeavors.
Have questions about selling? Investing? Relocation? Texas living? Let's chat!